Monday, March 30, 2009

My Best Friend

I have known Dennis for almost two years, and he's the kind of guy somebody would like to get along with, specially when your back's against the wall. He had always been , a mentor and a friend to me. He's a Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde, lunatic sometimes when his downed too much vodka. I call him chester or alf coz he loves kittens and dogs. We both have common interests in life- beach, family, travel - and share similar thoughts that we both believe in. Talking to an American and expressing your views and opinions, have made me a different person ever since I knew my American neighbor . We often talk about a lot of issues concerning the environment, politics, science and human behaviour. He had opened up my mind towards a different perspective in life. He taught me a lot about science that he learned through experience and research. He's a retired, mean Marine from the United States Armed Forces, with a hand that can cover up your face !!!

He loves the Philippines and surely will retire for life in this beautiful Island, disregarding his disappointments on issues plaguing our country. One thing he noticed about the Philippines is that we have a lot of good laws, yet these laws don't have fangs, no implementation being enforced for the benefit of the majority. A lot of times I get to defend the Filipino dignity on things he tells me-coz it hurts, but somehow in the end I submit to his opinions and he too listens to my rebuttals. He had taught me how to think positive, think rational concerning issues that needs to be resolved. And a lot of times I argue with things I firmly believe to be Filipino in nature, always reminding him that he is in the Philippines,and this ain't America . He never bother learning the Filipino language, don't even dare to learn the Filipino ethical way of living, but as the saying goes, dance like the romans dance. Ironically he has influenced me to learn the American way of living, straightforward, frank and strict with regards to a standard way of life, total quality in all works . We are both into HHO., a project we have been experimenting for almost a year. We both share the agonies of frustrations and the thrills of having positive outcomes in our doings. He helps me a lot with my computer maintenance and trouble shooting , he thought me how to make good use of the Internet to my advantage. He had always been my mentor, and will always be my best friend, thanks bud, I owe you one.

No comments: