Monday, March 30, 2009

So Help Me God.......

I read an article in the Philippine Daily Inquirer headlined 113 MILLION JOBLESS ASIANS SEEN. I cut this big bold letters and pasted it on my ceiling where I can read it everytime I lay down on my bed. Glancing at this bold letters, everytime I close my eyes to sleep, and the moment I wake up, I keep telling myself, will I be one of the unfortunates who will end up unemployed? I have an entrepreneurial management degree and it would be absurd for me to say that I will end up among the unlucky. I should, and like any other aspiring entrepreneurs, contribute in battling this impending truth. But with limited resources and the lack of almighty cash, entrepreneurship is just a mere sketch on the drawing board, like an architect's master piece of a layed out plan not funded for construction.

Entrepreneurs cannot work alone. Having bright ideas is just a part of a long process of obtaining success in this line of endevour. Support from people and institutions and government are just among external factors that needs to be injected into a project with an entrepreneurial approach. The need for entrepreneurs with a vision of obtaining a successful business venture is much needed during this times of global economic and environmental imbalance. But being an entrepreneur is not that easy. Having an entrepreneurial management degree is not enough to make one a successful entrepreneur. One needs a lot of right things in life in order to become a successful entrepreneur. The right idea, the right timing, the right investors, the right suppliers, the right market and the right network connections are but a few right things an entrepreneur needs to ensure before he push through with his entrepreneurial mindset. Sad to say, but almighty as it is, cash is an indespensable aspect, a weapon of sorts that powers an entrepreneur towards its mission and vision.
And so here am I thinking of ways to get that needed almighty right things. In one way or another, I need to maintain within me my personal entrepreneurial competencies, apply it in a field, as an intrapreneur , and earn something for me to use in my future entrepreneurial ambitions. I need to exclude myself first from among those unfateful 113 million jobless asians seen. I need to help myself, need to build something for me to use in my plans for an entrepreneurial future, before I could start helping others. Although time has deprived me of age, hope still lingers within me. So help me God !

No comments: